Despite WordPress being easy to use and manage in general, a WordPress website needs lots of care in order to thrive. While you can set up a schedule to update your installation, and manage basic errors, a WordPress maintenance service can help you with lots of other tasks.
For example, a good provider can jump onto any errors you may receive and solve them on your behalf. In fact, a maintenance service can prevent and mitigate them in the first place. The scope of this type of company is wide, yet focused on helping your site stay online and without faults.
Over this post, we’re going to look at why you might need a WordPress maintenance service. In the second half of the post, we’re going to show you a few of the leading services, and discuss what makes them worth your time.
What WordPress maintenance is (and why you’d want to use a dedicated service)
In a general sense, maintenance covers all of the areas that you’ll do to make sure your site runs in peak condition. In fact, you might already carry out some of these facets on a day-to-day basis:
- Making updates to core, theme, plugin, and server files.
- Carrying out backups, and storing them in a secure place.
- Tweaking your security provisions, to ensure you don’t fall foul to malicious attacks.
However, this is where a WordPress maintenance service starts its support. This type of company can do much more to optimize your site further. For example:
- It can work on your database, to make sure it doesn’t drag down your performance.
- Speaking of which, a good service will know how to give your site other performance improvements and make it as fast as possible.
- It can jump in when you get an error on your site, and have everything online again in a flash – all without your input.
In fact, there’s much more a WordPress maintenance service can do for you, depending on the company and its focus. As for why you’d want to use one, some of the reasons are obvious, while others provide bonus value:
- You can gain all of the benefits of regular maintenance without lifting a finger.
- There’s a time-saving element too, and you can work on growth while the service focuses on maintenance.
- A quality service will be an expert in the field. This means you can rely on it to deliver and provide answers to questions you don’t have the knowledge of.
However, even though you can understand the benefits of using a WordPress maintenance service, you might not know if your site needs one. In the next section, we’ll take a look at this further.